Sunday, June 8, 2008

Second Rehearsal

The first and last scenes are blocked, and man, it was exhausting work. Hah. Actually, the blocking was a piece of cake. White cake with white frosting. They both take place at a bus stop, so there is limited movement. It is really a great feeling to watch people acted out what I have written. It's an entirely new form of art for me and I know it will be an incredible experience. Marc and Beth had some good suggestions for the script and I am pleased with the changes made. I also wrote another scene, one between Colleen and Remy. It doesn't serve a real purpose but it gives the two unforgettable characters more stage time and allows the audience to watch them interact.
This week Kaylin and I will hopefully get two more sponsors for the show. So far we have three—The Stillwater Boats, The Lowell Inn, and Kaylin's dad's realtor business. This is going to help us so much in terms of marketing costs, and I am so thankful that Kaylin actually knows what she's doing. I have such awesome people helping me make this show possible.

Debbie

No comments: